Pages

Sunday, April 23, 2017

C for Confirmation and Complicated

With so many things changing in my life right now there are a lot of things that are complicated. Right now something extremely prevalent is becoming an adult in the Catholic church through the sacrament of confirmation. This is complicated because I want to get confirmed but don't at the same time for multiple reasons.

I do not want to get confirmed in the Catholic church because they go against their leader. For example Jesus would hang out with the prostitutes and gay people of his day, but for many years these people were outcasts in the church.

But, things are changing because we have a new Pope and he is really getting the message that our leader was trying to give to people, which is to love unconditionally and follow the ten commandments. Which means these outcasts are now allowed in the church.

Another HUGE issue I have with getting confirmed is that I can't come into the church as myself, I have to pick a saint to be called by. No one in my church actually calls people by their confirmation name, but the problem is that I can't just be accepted for who I am and the thing that bugs me the most is that I know Jesus wouldn't have approved of this.

But at the same time I want to get confirmed because I believe in Jesus I just don't believe in some of the teachings the Catholic church has.

So as you can tell I am all over the place with this issue and it is quite complicated. If you were wondering I am planning to get confirmed next Sunnday under the name of Saint Teresa of Calutta.

3 comments:

  1. Now I truly understand! I understand, get, and believe in most of the things you are saying, but isn't the main reason WE CHOSE a Saint name is to be called and recognized who WE WANT to support us and be? I am in no way telling you that you are wrong or trying to contradict you because you probably know more about the church than me, but isn't that what we learned in CCD(it is also online). I just want your input and to learn more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes that is who we want to support us and give us an example to follow but not necessarily be. What I'm trying to say that I don't like is the whole part that I can't just be accepted into the church under my own name being my own person. I don't wanna have one person as my example I wanna be able to make my own choices of what I like in people to become the person I want to be. If that makes any sense hmu in rti if you're still confused... another c.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you reflect so passionately and thoughtfully about your faith.

    ReplyDelete