Pages

Monday, May 15, 2017

I'm Gonna Miss My Birds

My time in school district 67 can be related to the sapling I brought home in third grade. I brought this sapling home, and it was busting with potential ready and waiting to grow. Just as I was busting with potential on the first day of kindergarten, just like all the other kids around me. With so many exceptionally wonderful teachers at Hynes my peers and I had no trouble exceeding and learning so many things, life and school related on my journey through Hynes. I'd like to take a moment to thank all of the wonderful staff at Hynes who helped me to become the person I am today by teaching me so many valuable things. I watered the tree everyday and made sure it was taken care of just like I went to school and learned every day and was always taken care of. The teachers at Hynes did a great job taking care of preparing me for Golf.

Golf is like a young sapling, already rooted at the base but growing more and more everyday. When I entered Golf my base already had a large group of friends and I already knew the basics of what they were teaching this made my transition of schools a breeze. The tree kept growing all throughout middle school adding branches and some dying. Because friendships were built on but some stopped. I was not on this journey alone in golf though nor was anyone else. We all helped each other, the bird feeding off the tree for protection and sticks to make their home which were all my classmates. I'm just a sapling and my time at golf district 67 began and ended in a flash. We might all be leaving and spreading our wings on the journey to high school, but I know we will all fly North and meet again one day.

1 comment: