Pages

Sunday, December 18, 2016

Danielle Knudson

My name is me leaving my light on. My name is me "plopping" on the couch. My name is a question waiting to be asked at the dinner table. This is my name, but my name isn't me.

My name is not me. My name belongs to someone else. My name is French. My name is Hebrew. If I am neither how is this a suitable name for me.

I believe a person can make a name, and not the other way around. Your name does not define the person that you will become. You are whoever you want to be.

If you think about it being named after someone is a bit unintelligent. Your parents might hope that you'll be like this person, but your parents also might be let down.

"Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you." -Dr. Seuss

No comments:

Post a Comment